Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Head is Spinning with Memories

It's been a busy few days for me here: (btw... that's me in pic above. Husband, Brian, and I spent a lovely afternoon up at Mt. Baker--I believe it was late October. There's tons of snow up there now! Anyway....
  • I got an email from a distant cousin that I didn't know I had....who has information for my on my maiden name-Lackie (sometimes spelled Lackey). He is 44 years old...so around the age of my girls. His name is Bill Lackey and he connects with my great-grandfather--his great-great-grandfather. From there his line connects with a half-brother of my paternal grandfather. He lives in California, is a fire Captain, has been married 20 years, and has a daughter. I am thrilled that someone has finally contacted with me from the line and...as it turns out he is new at genealogy and is amazed that he connected with me....someone from his family who has done genealogy. It's opened up so much new information for him! It's GREAT!! He has also connected with my niece/"genealogy buddy"...Karen (and she is closer to his age). He had read a post I did back in 1996...but he emailed me just to see if he got an answer--he didn't really expect to I think--so was he ever surprised. He had seen my genealogy on Ancestry.com. I love genealogy!!! So I have been at it...genealogy research...all day. Then...

  • Tonight I decided to check in on some of my favorite Blogs. First...as always..I look in on "Sweet Savannah's" blog... (sorry, I don't yet know how to "link" things on here. From Sweet Savannah's Blog...I found another great site...from the picture of the bathroom Sweet Savannah said she would like to have. She had a "link" embedded (under "here"to go to the site of the bathroom. I think is was called "Whatever"..again sorry I don't know how to link yet. It has great photography and ideas for making gifts! I'll be following that blog too. Then...

  • This all brought me to remembering my earlier years, my children's earlier years, etc. etc. So...that brings me to figuring out how to compile my thoughts in words with pictures and "Blog" them. Wish I could snap my fingers and catch on to all the "techniques" of blogging overnight...sigh. I was quite good with computers and words before my strokes. That along with simply aging...has done "a job on me"...so to speak. But....I have wonderful memories still and I just have to "adjust" to aging...and learn to do it more gracefully...and be grateful for what I can do at age 65---almost 66. [Note to Myself: Make a list of what I want to do..lol].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...

Blogs I Follow:

Strolling on beach at sunset...