Monday, December 15, 2008

Dear Ancestor

Genealogy is one of my hobbies. (When I learn how to add links I'll connect this picture to my genealogy wed sites. I use:
Ancestry.com and FamilyTreemaker)

At times it has seemed like an obsession, but that is very common I'm told. When I could travel more I use to love to go to locations of my ancestors...where they lived, grew up, married, raised a family....as with all of us....one day we are gone....only our history remains. Those who love genealogy as I do search for answers...pictures...whatever it is that tell us a little more about our families. Back when I was in my forties...and some of my fifties....when I could travel more and..yes...even kneel (see pic to right....LOL) I would search wherever I could for clues... yes even cemeteries where my ancestors were laid to rest. My dear brother..Jon...even went around with me in DE and CT...and my sweet sister-in-law...Terry...too. But niece...Karen...is my biggest genealogy "buddy". Don't know if you will be able to read it, but I love the poem in the picture. Click on the pic and I think it will enlarge so you can read it. When I prepared Family Genealogy booklets for my children this was the front page. None of them seem to show much in interest in genealogy, but I understand. When I was a teenager, and in my 20's, and 30's, I didn't really think about it. But now....like so many genealogist, I wonder...and I wish I had asked questions...took an interest before it was too late. But, I was busy being a teenage...then a young woman...going to school, working, then getting married, having children and raising my family. It's been a wonderful life and I have been blessed...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...

Blogs I Follow:

Strolling on beach at sunset...